Ubuntu Server Team – June 1st, 2010 – Meeting Minutes

Server Team 20100601 meeting minutes

Here are the minutes of the meeting. They can also be found online with the irc logs here.

Action points from the last meeting

  • sommer to try to move server doc spec to Ubuntu specs: DONE
  • ttx to document (or delegate documentation of ) package stack names: DONE

Alpha1 milestone

The Alpha1 milestone will be released Thursday. Please participate to Server ISO testing to get as much coverage as we can. Current known issues include an oversized CD, due to bug 587893. smoser will publish cloud images soon. Between now and Alpha1 we are in soft freeze and should not upload major changes that could impact negatively the milestone.

ACTION: all to run ISO testing coverage on alpha1

ACTION: smoser to ensure cloud images make it to the alpha1 iso tracker

Alpha2 subcycle status

The Canonical team tracks progress on their specs here. Please remember to keep your work items and Status: line updated in the blueprints, at least once per week before Monday EOB. See the WorkItemsHowto for more info. ttx will reset the trends line tomorrow to something more useful to track progress.

server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades needs some attention since there is some work separation between smoser and jjohansen, and a more detailed work items plan is desired.

On the community side, Mail & cluster stack look in great shape. jib asked to seperate items out for before & after feature freeze to help track things. The doc spec is also in good shape.

ACTION: smoser to coordinate with jjohansen and ttx to provide a more detailed work item overview for server-maverick-cloud-kernel-upgrades

Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team

hggdh verified bug 565101, which should go to -updates as soon as possible. Additionally, he also did a quick test of bug 586134, and seems to work with 512 loop devices configured. There might be a delay in the Eucalyptus SRU due to a potential regression on bug 566793.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team

jjohansen is in vacation, so no progress yet on pv-ops. SpamapS mentioned that the proposed PTRACE changes would also affect negatively the ops population, and will chime in on the thread to make that concern known.

Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team

Lucid serverguide PDF is available on h.u.c. For next week’s meeting, sommer will present new sections for which the doc team will need input from the server team.

ACTION: sommer to present list of sections that need input from server team

Papercuts selection for Alpha2 subcycle

We currently have 14 bugs nominated for a desired total of 16 targets, so choosing between them should be easy. Last-minute nominations can still occur since ttx will proceed with formal selection tomorrow morning. You can also start assigning yourself to those you’re interested in.

Weekly SRU review

SRU nominations were reviewed. The tracker for the new SRU process is under work, with an early view accessible here.

Open Discussion

server-maverick-openldap-dit was reviewed and approved. EtienneG brought up the question of which iSCSI target is being chosen for main/UEC: tgt is the answer, and ccheney will work on the MIR, and zul on the upstartification.

Agree on next meeting date and time

Next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 8th at 18:00 UTC in #ubuntu-meeting.

[Discuss Ubuntu Server Team – June 1st, 2010 – Meeting Minutes on the Forums]

Originally posted to the ubuntu server blog by Theirry Carrez on Wed Jun 2, 2010

Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply