In cooperation with Dell, we’re thrilled to announce the Ubuntu Billboard Photo Contest in Russia and Ukraine. From today on, and until the end of May, you can participate in this challenge to submit pictures of one or more of the billboards with Dell and Ubuntu adverts spread across 6 major cities in Russia and Ukraine. You can win exciting prizes, including a Dell laptop with Ubuntu preinstalled.
The lucky winners will be taking home one of these succulent prizes:
|1st Prize||2nd Prize||3rd Prize|
|Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook Laptop, Developer Edition||Bundle of articles from the Ubuntu Store: including an Ubuntu Messenger Bag, an Ubuntu Neoprene Laptop Sleeve, and a Circle of Friends T-Shirt||100GB Ubuntu One storage + Music streaming for a year|
- Term: 3 weeks , from the 13th of May to the 2nd of June
- Judging Criteria:
- Quality (40%) – e.g. is the photographic quality good? Is the picture available at high resolutions?
- Creativity (40%) – e.g. is the content original, creative?
- Number of views (20%) – i.e. how popular is the content?
Each participant can submit up to 3 pictures according to the topic: “Ubuntu Billboards in Russia and Ukraine” and featuring at least one such billboard. Each picture must provide location metadata to pinpoint it to one of the major cities in each country where billboards are being displayed.
Pictures can be altered digitally with editing tools, but no logos, brand names or trademarks are allowed. Pictures must be submitted under a CC-BY-SA 3.0 license and their content must be suitable for general audiences, respecting the Ubuntu Code of Conduct.
How to participate
Taking part in the contest is easy:
- Find a billboard near you. The cities in Russia are Chelyabinsk, Novosibirsk and Izhevsk; the cities in Ukraine are Kiev, Lvov, and Dnepropetrovsk. Russian billboard samples >
- Take an awesome picture or more!. If you wish, edit it digitally. Remember to keep the geolocation data in the picture
- Upload your pictures to Flickr. You might need to create an account there if you don’t have one already.
- Go to the Ubuntu Billboards group in Flickr, and join it
- Add your pictures to the Ubuntu Billboards group in Flickr. Remember there is a maximum of 3 pictures per participant.
- Promote your work! Show off your cool Ubuntu pictures in the social networks
If you’ve got any question related to the contest, feel free to use the comments on this announcement or start a thread in the group’s discussion.
Looking forward to seeing more of those Ubuntu billboards in the wild!