Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. This is issue #473 for the week July 4 – 10, 2016, and the full version is available here.
In this issue we cover:
- Ubuntu 15.10 (Wily Werewolf) reaches End of Life on July 28 2016
- Welcome New Members and Developers
- Ubuntu Stats
- LoCo Events
- Zygmunt Krynicki: snapd 2.0.10 released to Fedora COPR
- Stephen M. Webb: Previewing the New Unity
- Ubuntu App Developer Blog: Shaping up universal snaps
- Stephen M. Webb: X11 Applications and Unity 8
- Zygmunt Krynicki: Fresh bite-sized bugs in snappy
- Ubuntu App Developer Blog: Announcing new snap desktop launchers
- Daniel Pocock: Can you help with monitoring packages in Debian and Ubuntu?
- Ubuntu Studio: Backports, the benefits and the consequences.
- Daniel Holbach: Contributing to the world of snaps
- Canonical Design Team: Getting Vanilla ready for v1: the roadmap
- Canonical Design Team: See our designs on Behance and Dribble
- Chuck Short: Live migration with nova-lxd
- Adolfo Jayme Barrientos: Can you run the Unity desktop environment on Windows? Yes!
- 10 Desktop Snaps written in June
- Ubuntu Phone News
- Canonical News
- In The Press
- In The Blogosphere
- Featured Audio and Video
- Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Updates and Security for 12.04, 14.04, 15.10 and 16.04
- And much more!
The issue of The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:
- Elizabeth K. Joseph
- Walter Lapchynski
- Leonard Viator
- Simon Quigley
- Chris Guiver
- Athul Muralidhar
- Chris Sirrs
- And many others
Except where otherwise noted, content in this issue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License BY SA Creative Commons License