Category Archives: Community

Announcing UbuCon Europe and Call for Contributions

We’re happy to announce the very first European Ubuntu Conference: the UbuCon Europe! It takes place from the 18th to 20th November 2016 in Essen, Germany. It is the first conference dedicated to the European Ubuntu community. We are looking forward to two days full of talks, workshops, exhibitions and demos. And if that’s not […]

Google Code-In Wrap-up

As you may have already heard, Google announced the winners for GCI 2015, including those from ubuntu. Overall, we had a total of 215 students finish more than 500 tasks for ubuntu! The students made contributions to documentation, created wallpapers and other art, fixed Unity 7 issues, hacked on the core apps for the phone, […]

New Ubuntu Flavours download page

Last year the Community Council heard from some of you that you wanted your flavour to be more easily discovered on the download page of ubuntu.com. Since then we have worked with Canonical’s design team to produce a design and content for that page. I am pleased to tell you that it has now been […]

Ubuntu Online Summit: 3-5 May 2016

[T]he next Ubuntu Online Summit is going to be from 3rd – 5th May 2016, which is going to two weeks after 16.04 release. Summit and related pages will be updated in due time. Originally posted to the community-announce mailing list on Wed Feb 3 10:07:47 UTC 2016 by Daniel Holbach

Your donations at work [Q2 2015]

I’ve just published the most recent Community Donations Report highlighting where donations made to the Ubuntu community have been used by members of that community to promote and improve Ubuntu. In this report I’ve included links to write-ups detailing how those funds were put to use. Over the past two years these donations have allowed […]