The current IRC council has two members whose two year terms are ending. This means it is now election season. The expiring council members are:
- Elky (Melissa Draper)
- Flannel (Neal Bussett)
Details about the IRC Council and its charter may be viewed here https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IRC/IrcCouncil. Council members serve a two year term, and may stand for multiple terms.
As explained on the wiki page the election process is as follows:
- An open call for nominations should be announced in the IRC Community, and people can nominate themselves for a seat on the council. Any Ubuntu member is welcome to apply.
- To apply for a seat the candidate must create a Wiki page outlining their work in the community, and inviting others to provide testimonials.
- When the application deadline has passed, the IRC Council will review the applications and provide feedback on the candidates for the Community Council to review.
- The Community Council will identify a shortlist for the board and circulate the list publicly for feedback from the community.
- The shortlist identified by the Community Council will be voted upon by team members as described at CommunityCouncil/Delegation. Members of the Ubuntu IRC Members Team are eligible to vote.
- The Community Council will then finalize the appointment of IRC Council members.
PLEASE NOTE: once started, the voting pool (collected from the Ubuntu IRC Members Team list) will not be changed. So… please make sure you are a member of the team. The only exception to this will be current members that hide emails
Originally posted to the ubuntu-irc mailing list on Tue Feb 28 20:07:05 UTC 2017 by C de-Avillez