Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. This is issue #330 for the week August 12 – 18, 2013, and the full version is available here.
In this issue we cover:
- Ubuntu Edge breaks crowd-sourcing record
- Ubuntu Stats
- Fosscon 2013 – all done til 2014
- Juju Ecosystem Status for 14 August
- Matt Fischer: Hacking the initrd in Ubuntu Touch
- Ubuntu Women: The First Ubuntu Women Survey
- Didier Roche: Release early, release often, release every 4h!
- Kubuntu: KDE Plasma, Applications 4.11 & Amarok 2.8
- Jorge O. Castro: Official Ubuntu Server Book 3rd Edition Now Available
- Benjamin Kerensa: Firefox To Remain Default…. Very Nice!
- Jono Bacon: Mir Update and Testing Mir in Ubuntu 13.10
- Canonical Design Team: Usability testing: how do we design effective tasks
- Nicholas Skaggs: Feature freeze coming? Let’s test!
- Sunsetting Ubuntu Friendly
- Why Ubuntu’s creator still invests his fortune in an unprofitable company
- Canonical On Why They Chose Indiegogo Over Kickstarter For The Ubuntu Edge
- In The Blogosphere
- Featured Audio and Video
- Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
- Monthly Team Reports: July 2013
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Updates and Security for 10.04, 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04
- And much more!
The issue of The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:
- Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
- Paul White
- Jim Connett
- And many others
Except where otherwise noted, content in this issue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License BY SA Creative Commons License