Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. This is issue #329 for the week August 5 – 11, 2013, and the full version is available here.
In this issue we cover:
- Announcing the 2013 Ubuntu App Showdown Contest!
- Ubuntu Edge backed by Bloomberg and price reduction to $695
- Ubuntu Stats
- Ubuntu Ohio – Burning Circle: UbuCon Announcement
- Ubuntu forums now exclusively using Ubuntu One SSO accounts to login
- James Hunt: Counting down to Ubuntu and Debian releases with distro-info
- Michael Hall: Getting through the Trough and closer to the Edge, Together
- Canonical Design Team: Calendar App Visuals
- Pasi Lallinaho: Don’t panic: the state of Xubuntu and Mir
- Jhosman Lizarazo: What if the goal is not reached #UbuntuEdge?
- Nicholas Skaggs: Autopilot best practices
- Brian Murray: Phasing of Stable Release Updates
- Randall Ross: Ubuntu’s Gets Two More “P’s”: Lucky 7!
- Rick Spencer: The Big Rocks of August
- Daniel Holbach: Want to try Ubuntu Touch on your phone? We’re almost there!
- Daniel Holbach: Surprising stats
- XMir news!
- UbuntuKylin steals the show at OCOW Summit
- In The Press
- In The Blogosphere
- Featured Audio and Video
- Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Updates and Security for 10.04, 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04
- And much more!
The issue of The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:
- Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph
- Paul White
- Tiago Carrondo
- Joel Braun
- Jim Connett
- And many others
Except where otherwise noted, content in this issue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License BY SA Creative Commons License