Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. This is issue #257 for the week March 12 – 18, 2012, and the full version is available here.
In this issue we cover:
- UDS registration opened on March 12th
- Ubuntu 12.04 Development update
- Welcome New Members
- A quick thank you
- Ubuntu Stats
- Yet More Precise Jams
- Work items in blueprints
- Ubuntu Cloud Guest images in Amazon’s quickstart launcher
- Didier Roche: New, shiny, Unity 5.6 released!
- Mark Shuttleworth: Ubuntu vs RHEL in enterprise computing
- Jonathan Riddell: Kubuntu Active is Activated
- Daniel Holbach: Making sure code gets reviewed in Ubuntu
- Canonical Design Team: Task switching in Ubuntu, and a introduction to ‘The Spread’
- Mythbuntu: Mythbuntu changing to LTS only releases
- Has Canonical Found the Keys to the Computing Kingdom?
- Is Ubuntu becoming a big name in enterprise Linux servers?
- In The Blogosphere
- Other Articles of Interest
- Featured Podcasts
- Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
- Weekly Official Ubuntu Flavors Team Meetings
- Monthly Team Reports: February 2012
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Updates and Security for 8.04, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04 and 11.10
- And much more!
The issue of The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:
- Elizabeth Krumbach
- Jose Antonio Rey
- Charles Profitt
- Nathan Dyer
- Matt Rudge
- And many others
Except where otherwise noted, content in this issue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License BY SA Creative Commons License