Well, we’re a week away from 11.04 so I decided that I would collate the information about Unity on the web and put it into one nice page for everyone to find. Got some more tips you’d like to add? Add them in the comments!
- Rick Spencer’s Getting Started (This is a great beginner guide, start here)
- Rick’s Video Guide
- Jorge’s Video Guide to the Dash
- Jorge’s Video Guide to Multitasking
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the right terminology for Unity’s UI elements?
- How can I configure Unity?
- Unity Mouse/Keyboard Shortcuts
- Does Unity support disabling the global application menu?
- How do I reset my Unity configuration?
- How do I turn on Unity drag handles?
Launcher and Quick Lists
- What are the custom launchers created for Unity?
- How can I edit/create new launcher items in Unity?
- How do I make a custom launcher for terminal applications?
- How to add my favorite places as a quicklist in my home’s icon in Unity?
- How can I keep recent files from appearing in Unity?
- How do I add a static quicklist that opens a web page?
- How do I put a web application on the Launcher?
- Launcher icon to share files with Dropbox [drag and drop]
- Drag and drop imageshack uploader
- Show desktop icon for the launcher
Indicators and notification area
- How do I access the system tray?
- Adding a weather indicator to the panel
- List of application indicators
- What exactly is a “lens”?
- 5 neat Unity lenses in development
- Unity Lens Documentation
- How do I install the Reddit Unity Lens?
- How do I install the Ask Ubuntu Unity Lens, and how do I use it?
- How do I install the Google Books Lens, and how do I use it?
- Is libunity planning on including functions for Unity Lenses?
For application developers
Contributing to Unity
- Get Involved
- How do I build Unity from source?
- Unity Architecture
- Bitesize Bugs (getting started bits of code)
- Coding Style
- Unity’s development visualized in 30 seconds
- I’m a Unity developer ask me anything
Am I missing any? Post them in the comments. (I will moderate comments for this post to only allow tips and tricks)
Originally posted here by Jorge Castro on Wednesday, April 20, 2011.