Monthly Team Reports: October 2010

== Monthly Team Reports: October 2010 ==

=== Ubuntu Governance ===

==== Americas Regional Membership Board ====

The approval results from the October 21st Americas Membership meeting are as follows:

* Ahmed Kamal (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AhmedKamal | https://launchpad.net/~kim0)

==== Developer Membership Board ====

”’Developer Membership Board meeting 2010-10-11 19:00 UTC”’

* Chair: Michael Bienia

* Present: Cody A.W. Somerville, Colin Watson, Stéphane Graber, Soren Hansen

* Absent: Emmet Hikory

* Action review:

* ”’[ACTION]”’ Cody Somerville to send e-mail requesting feedback from developers on Marco Rodrigues application to participate in Ubuntu Development. (→ Didn’t happen yet.)

* Administrative Matters

* Review Marco Rodrigues participation in Ubuntu Development

Further discussion on how to proceed with Marco’s request.

Deferred without any decision to the next meeting.

* MOTU Applications

* Felix Geyer (debfx) (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FelixGeyer/MOTUApplication)

Approved: 5 for, 0 against, 0 abstained.

* Next meeting

* Date: October 25th 2010, 12:00 UTC

* Chair: TBD

Meeting Log (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/11/%23ubuntu-meeting.html)

==== IRC Council ====

* Ubuntu IRC Council Meeting 2010-10-09 (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/09/%23ubuntu-meeting.html)

* Attendance: nhandler (chair), Seeker, jussi, topyli, tsimpson, rww, Tm_T, ikonia, Idle“One

* [TOPIC] -offtopic ‘support’ discussion policy

* Agreed to defer discussion about the policy until the next meeting due to Pici not being around

* [TOPIC] All core channel ops should have +o in -ops

* Agree to treat #ubuntu-ops like other core channels in need of more OPs at least until core-ops are setup

* It was felt that midnight to 9am UK time is the general area needing more OPs

* nhandler to send out email about recruiting OPs for #ubuntu-ops

* [TOPIC] Copying access list of #ubuntu to #ubuntu+1

* Agreed that being an #ubuntu operator also grants operator access in #ubuntu+1

* tsimpson to document change on the OP application wiki page, send email to ML, update access lists, and update teams on LP

* nhandler to do post-meeting tasks

* IRC Council meeting 31 Oct 2010

* Attendance: topyli (chair), nhandler, Pici, tsimpson

* TOPIC: Failure to document blanket ban policy

* ACTION: Pici to document ikonia’s namespace ban proposal

* TOPIC: Failure to respond / follow up on pending actions

* Discussed delegation, mailing list responsiveness, and related items. Council admits slowness.

* TOPIC: High level council overviews

* Discussed current council’s activity

* Pointed out the Team Reports exist

* TOPIC: Discussion about approved/non-approved shell hosts access to Ubuntu channels (revisit)

* ACTION: topyli to send formal agreement to ikonia’s suggestion on mailing list

* TOPIC: Clearing the ban list

* Decided to clear all old bans without comments on them, giving ops a week’s grace time to document important bans

* ACTION: nhandler to send mail about the sweep

==== LoCo Council ====

* We had a Lo“Co Council meeting on October 19th. Topics discussed:

* UDS-M Blueprint

* Sit down one night next week at UDS via skype/gobby and spend 2 hours getting UDS-M bp all done

* UDS-N Blueprint

* https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/ubuntutheproject-n-loco-council

* Lo“Co Team {re}approvals

* Ubuntu-NI – Re-approved

* Ubuntu-US-CO – Re-approved

* Ubuntu-US-OH – Re-approved

==== Technical Board ====

* Meeting 2010-10-05

* Chair: Colin Watson

* Present: Kees Cook, Matt Zimmerman, Martin Pitt

* Apologies: Mark Shuttleworth

* Guests: Michael Vogt, Jamie Strandboge

* Action review

* Martin Pitt to ask Martin Pool about bzr self test instructions on installed system — ”’DONE”’

* Kees to add bzr selftest to qa-regression-testing project — ”’DONE”’

* Martin to add bzr microrelease exception to Stable“ReleasePolicy — ”’DONE”’

* Decide/document ubuntu-archive interaction with ARB packages

* Michael Vogt confirmed that extras.ubuntu.com is a mirror of a PPA owned by the ARB, which means that ubuntu-archive will have no direct interaction with it as it stands.

* [ACTION] Colin to ensure that documentation on nature of extras.ubuntu.com archive makes it into process docs, and ensure that ARB legality checks are synchronised with those of ubuntu-archive

* Decide on permission changes documented in Bug: 174375 – Matt Zimmerman

* The TB voted in favour of Brian’s proposal.

* Martin noted that bug targeting needs to be more open than just release managers (Brian’s proposal asks that it shouldn’t exclude uploaders). There was no disagreement. The main goal here is to separate the blueprint and bug permissions currently aggregated into ubuntu-drivers.

* [ACTION] Matt to follow up with Brian on Bug: 174375

* Chromium security updates (continuation of previous discussion)

* General consensus seems to be that we can drop the seven-day waiting period on promotion to -updates for chromium-browser, but should not drop -proposed and some kind of verification.

* While this still seems too immature for main, the security team will need to treat it essentially like the non-free Flash plugin: it’s universe and therefore theoretically unsupported by the security team, but in practice we know lots of people use it and act accordingly, running updates through all the usual checklists. Regressions on individual web pages and such won’t merit a USN, though.

* Jamie says that qa-regression-testing has a semi-automatic script which should catch any huge issues here.

* The board is currently awaiting a proposal from the principal uploader, Fabien Tassin, and a formal vote will wait for that.

* No new community bugs to look at

* Next chair: Kees Cook

=== Ubuntu Development Teams ===

==== Kubuntu Team ====

”’Kubuntu Team Report for October 2010”’

===== Development =====

* Final release of Kubuntu 10.10|Maverick Meerkat (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/10.10-release)

* First of several Efika MX Smarttop systems (armel), donated through powerdeveloper.org, for Kubuntu development is operational and available to kubuntu-dev for porting work.

===== Packaging =====

* KDE SC 4.5.2 is available (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kde-sc-4.5.2) from Kubuntu Updates PPA

* KDevelop 4.1 Release Candidate (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kdevelop-41-rc-and-koffice-23-beta-1-packaged) is ready for testing from Kubuntu Beta Backports PPA

* KOffice 2.3 Beta 1 is available also (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kdevelop-41-rc-and-koffice-23-beta-1-packaged) for testing in Kubuntu Beta Backports PPA

* QtCreator 2.1 Beta 1 is packaged (http://www.kubuntu.org/news/qtcreator-21-beta-1-packaged)

===== Community =====

* Council met (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/Kubuntu/Meetings) to consider the membership of Valorie Zimmerman (valorie) (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/ValorieZimmerman): Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/~valorie-zimmerman) 15 October 2010

* Many team members attended UDS (http://summit.ubuntu.com/): Riddell, ScottK, Apachelogger, Shadeslayer, Rbelem, Maco, agateau, mgraesslin, darkwingduck, Persia, Jussi, Valorie, and from Qt, Thiago, Densi, Zeno from 25-29 October, in Orlando, Florida. Our sessions were well-attended and productive: Proceedings (https://wiki.kubuntu.org/UDSProceedings/N)

* Kubuntu Team at UDS (http://www.flickr.com/photos/45059736@N02/5140100462/in/set-72157625297087490/)

* Shadeslayer and Agateau gave well-received lightning talks.

==== Xubuntu Team ====

”’Xubuntu team report for October, 2010”’

===== Bug Triage =====

* Still squashing bugs. This will be an on-going process.

===== Packaging, Development, & Testing =====

* We tested Maverick Meerkat Release Candidate with good results.

* We released Xubuntu 10.10 on time.

* Inclusion of Xfce 4.7.x (future 4.8) is being worked on in natty.

===== Website & Marketing =====

* Xubuntu needs a new Marketing Lead. Contact us per http://xubuntu.org/devel if interested or email charlie-tca@ubuntu.com

===== Artwork =====

* We still need a good plymouth theme.

* Charlie is working with the Ubuntu Artwork Team to draw a specification for xubuntu artwork in Natty Narwhal.

===== Community =====

* We are striving to get more users to blog about Xubuntu. We would like to keep word out of the changes being made, as well as new releases.

* We are attempting to submit new articles to Ubuntu Weekly News at least once a month about Xubuntu.

===== Documentation =====

* Xubuntu needs a new Documentation Lead. Contact us per http://xubuntu.org/devel if interested or email charlie-tca@ubuntu.com

==== Ubuntu Studio ====

* Ubuntu Studio Maverick Meerkat 10.10 released, mirth and frivolity ensued

* Development for Natty teeters on the precipice of beginning – https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/ReleasePlanning#Ubuntu%20Studio%2011.04%20Natty%20Narwhal

* moderating package selection (i.e. adding and removing packages)

* developed around task focused workflow – https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/Workflows

* helps define the package selection – https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/PackageSelectionDevelopment

* additional metapackages might be created for finer installation control of audio apps

* eliminate duplicate functionality (i.e. remove LADSPA plugins if the same plugins are available in LV2 format)

* Art development

* plymouth theme

* Website Update

* fleshing out audience

* developing purpose for audience

* identifying components for various page

* evaluating mock-ups

* Began to assign team positions

* testing lead/contact/liaison – rlamerio

* IRC user support – holstein

* Kernel development

* working with Ubuntu Kernel Team to get -lowlatency kernel into archives

* began developing team and plan to test -lowlatency and -realtime kernels https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RealTime

=== Ubuntu LoCo Teams ===

==== Asturian Team ====

* 29 October – 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75) & μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/5127725993_32fd53c3b8.jpg).

* 22 October – 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75) & μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1060/5110644499_63ed931e4e_z.jpg).

* 15 October – 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75) & μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/5090823004_0242157672_z.jpg).

* 10 October – Release Party (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/124) ”’Ubuntu 10.10!”’. Pictures (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/129).

* 8 October – 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75) & μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4034/5078955876_8014d059e7_z.jpg).

* 1 October – 1Help=1Coffee (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/75) & μCourses (http://ubuntu-ast.org/?q=es/node/73). Picture (http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4065/5078955874_317c4214bc_z.jpg).

==== Belgian Team ====

* October 1st: finished our first ever Team report (for September) ;-)

* October 10th: booth at Computer Fair in Kortrijk (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Kortrijk_2010-10-10)

* October 17th: booth at Computer Fair in Brugge (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Brugge_2010-10-17)

* October 17th: install fest @ the offices of De Wereld Morgen (http://www.dewereldmorgen.be/artikels/2010/10/10/ubuntu-release-party-installeer-ubuntu-linux-op-je-computer) (social news site). Thanks folks! Also photos (http://www.flickr.com/photos/28510886@N04/sets/72157625183290868/).

* Weekly IRC meetings (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/IrcMeetings/Reports) for coordination on October 07th, 14th and 28th

* Further work has been done on the drupal module that integrates our support points map (http://ubuntu-be.org/nl/supporters) into the Drupal-based site (no map yet, but that’s being worked on, and the data backend is there)

* The new site layout based on the new Ubuntu branding is being tested on the “staging” server now.

* Preparing for demo/talk @ Zeus computer club of UGent (Ghent University).

==== Canadian Team ====

* Ubuntu Hours in Waterloo, ON (Oct. 6) and Ottawa, ON (Oct. 14)

* Maverick Meerkat release parties!

* Ottawa, 10-10-10 at 10:10am.

* Kitchener-Waterloo, Oct. 16

* Toronto, Oct. 17

* IRC Meeting, Oct. 17 (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CanadianTeam/Meetings/2010-10-17)

* Created a forum: l’Internauta (http://canada.ubuntuforums.org/)

==== Catalan Team ====

* October 1st: Ubuntu guide in Catalan makes recommendation for the month: http://ca.wikibooks.org/wiki/Usuari:Miquel_Adroer/Llibres/Guia_Ubuntu_10.04

* October 7th: visit to the Maverick release party venue to plan for the event: http://ctug.cat/

* October 10th: announce for inscriptions to Maverick release party.

* October 13th: Ubuntu LoCo Team appearence in most in leader newspaper in Catalonia: http://www.lavanguardia.es/internet-y-tecnologia/noticias/20101011/54022249985/presentan-la-traduccion-al-catalan-de-ubuntu-el-sistema-operativo-de-linux-con-una-gran-fiesta-en-gr.html

* October 26th: JosepGallart spoke about Ubuntu Maverick Meerkat and the release party on radio program (http://www.vilaweb.cat/linternauta) from Vilaweb.

==== French Team ====

* October 2nd – Premier Samedi (http://www.premier-samedi.org/) in Paris. This is a multi-distribution small install fest where around 60 people come to get help configuring and installing their Linux system.

* October 3rd – Working session to coordinate task to be done before announcing November Ubuntu Party in Paris (meeting information (http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/Seance031010))

* October 4th – weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

* October 7th – releasing new forum theme : http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/

* October 10th – Release party in a restaurant in Paris, with around 42 guests (invitation (http://meerkat.ubuntu-party.org/paris/))

* October 11th – weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

* October 17th – Ubuntu Party organisation meeting and working session (minutes (http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/CR171010))

* October 18th – weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

* October 18th and 19th – Working session on packaging Ubuntu French Edition CD for shipment

* October 22nd – Release party in a restaurant in Lyon (invitation (http://meerkat.ubuntu-party.org/lyon/))

* October 25th – weekly ubuntu-fr-webteam meeting

* October 26th – Ubuntu Party organisation meeting on IRC #ubuntu-fr-meeting (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/irc://irc.freenode.net/#ubuntu-fr-meeting) (minutes (http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/CR261010))

* October 31st – Ubuntu Party organisation meeting and working session (topics (http://wiki.ubuntu-party.org/index.php/Paris10.10/ODJ311010))

==== Greek Team ====

* Attendance of Athens Digital Week 2010 (http://www.athensdigitalweek.org/)

* Forum’s poll on success of transition to 10.10 here (http://forum.ubuntu-gr.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14548&p=145558#p145558) ”(in Greek – translation provided on request)”

* Addition of some more translations to team’s wiki, translators busy both in lp and upstream, attempt begun to get closer to 100%.

* Community members participate in Ubuntu manual project.

* Preparing for Xmas with the first set of season cards (example (http://yfrog.com/izubuntu2j))

* ChaniaLUG (in Crete) organised a party 30/10, 14 members attended, had fun with food and drink and distribution of 10.10 CDs

==== Hungarian Team ====

* Presenting at the Software Freedom Day at Szeged on Ubuntu (October 8): Photo 1 (http://sfd.org.hu/p1340318), Photo 2 (http://sfd.org.hu/p1340321)

* Presentations at the LOK (Linux in the Education Conference) at Budapest (October 16): Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/mogorvamormota/sets/72157625191971274/)

* Maverick Meerkat Release Party after the LOK on October 16

* Three new learning modules have been added to the Hungarian Ubuntu Education Portal (OpenOffice.org Writer, OpenOffice.org Calc, Operating System Basics): edu.ubuntu.hu (http://edu.ubuntu.hu)

* The number of registered users on ubuntu.hu has surpassed 19200

* We had our monthly IRC meeting on the first Thursday of the month as usual: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HungarianTeam/IRCMeetings

* We regularly updated our loco site with the latest news: http://ubuntu.hu

* We did various translation-related tasks

==== Ubuntu Ireland ====

* On Sunday 10th of October, we had a release party to celebrate Maverick Meerkat. We started off in Jimmy Chung’s for a Chinese Buffet. Followed by a trip to the The Market Bar,. To add a bit if fun to the day we had a ubuntu quiz. Questions from the quiz are here (http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~tdr/blog/?p=39). A nice write up is here (http://www.lczajkowski.com/2010/10/10/compare-the-meerkat-at-the-market-bar-in-dublin-a-great-success/ ). Photos here (http://pix.ie/ubuntuie/album/390376/ ). And we had cake (http://www.lczajkowski.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/cake.jpg ) :).

* Regular Monthly IRC Meeting (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IrishTeam/IRCMeetings/2010-10-20) was held at 8pm Irish time on Wednesday 20th October 2010.

*On Wednesday 27th of October the Dublin Ubuntu the Dublin (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/506/detail/) took place at the new time of 19:00 in the Trinity Capital Hotel.

*On Thursday 28th of October the Limerick (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/507/detail/)Ubuntu Hour took place in the Absolute Hotel at 18:00.

* A member of our loco, czajkowski headed off to UDS-N

==== Ubuntu Israel ====

* We are going to unite the DB from the old and new forums.

* We are going to keep our cooperation with the Ilan Ramon center to help them with ubuntu and more stuff.

* We got a donation of 100 shekels (about 20 EURO).

==== Japanese Team ====

* We released Ubuntu 10.10 Japanese Remix on 16th October.

* http://www.ubuntulinux.jp/News/ubuntu1010-desktop-ja-remix

* Team members, Fumihito Yoshida and Ikuya Awashiro wrote articles that features Ubuntu 10.10 for the November issue of Software Design.

* http://gihyo.jp/magazine/SD/archive/2010/201011

==== Nicaraguan Team ====

* 03 Oct:

* POSOL Ep.15 (http://podcast.softwarelibre.org.ni/?p=259) released by Team POSOL (Leandro Gomez, Jose Ernesto Davila, Norman Garcia and Marcelo Gutierrez).

* 05 Oct:

* Ubuntu Open Week in Spanish (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek_ES/openweekMaverickLog), team members partipipated in Ubuntu Open Week in Spanish Bash.

* 17 Oct:

* Maverick Meerkat Release Party (http://linuxtour.org/MaverickReleaseParty) Maverick Meerkat Release Party @ Hotel Mansion Teodolinda

==== Serbian Team ====

* October 3rd: Regular Team meeting on IRC

* October 5th: Ubuntu 10.10 Release party scheduled for October 23th. HERE (http://www.ubuntu-rs.org/forum/Thread-Ubuntu-10-10-Party)

* Oktober 10th: Ubuntu LoCo team participate in BlogOpen festival, Novi Sad, Serbia Link: HERE (http://www.blogopen.rs/)

* October 23th: Release party successfully finished in Novi Sad capital town of Vojvodina province. Photos : (http://olujicz.ns-linux.org/download/party.tar.gz)

* October 23rd : Future collaboration with LUGoNS (Linux User Group of Novi Sad) detailed and improved.

* October month : Further work on translation of Ubuntu Manual continued, less then 150 lines left to go.

==== South African Ubuntu team ====

* 2 October: Ubuntu Hour in Stellenbosch (http://my-ubuntu-day.blogspot.com/2010/11/geeks-love-pizza-part-i-oct-ubuntu-hour.html) at Gino’s Pizza place. +- 11 people.

* 10 October: Release parties, how to set up a mirror (http://tumbleweed.org.za/2010/10/09/release-party-ubuntu-mirror) CT-Stellenbosch (http://my-ubuntu-day.blogspot.com/search/label/Maverick) team add more links to pics here please? Gauteng (http://picasaweb.google.com/zerlgi/UbuntuMaverickReleaseEventAtLSD).

* 16 October: Release party Pretoria (http://picasaweb.google.com/zerlgi/UbuntuMaverickEventAtIrene?feat=directlink#)

* 18 October: IRC meeting (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ZATeam/Meetings/20101018)

* 25 October: Bazaar presentation to FJUG (http://www.fjug.co.za/events/25-oct-2010-distributed-version-control-bazaar) – Pics (http://picasaweb.google.com/102434377866376735230/FJUGBazaar?authkey=Gv1sRgCLjL_rPq_4uNNg&feat=directlink)

==== Ubuntu Tunisian LoCo Team ====

* Participation and organisation of the “Ubuntu Day” at the Institute of Computer Science and Mathematics of Monastir.

* Organisation : https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TunisianTeam/EventISIMM10.10

* Report (in French) : http://blog.nizarus.org/2010/10/journee-ubuntu-a-lisim-de-monastir

* Photo Album : http://ubuntu.nizarus.org/AtomCellEvent1010

==== Ubuntu United Kingdom LoCo Team ====

* IRC meeting held on the 19th (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/MeetingNotes/20101019)

* UDS was attended by a number of members in person and through remote participation

* Work has started on a new team website following the refreshed Ubuntu branding

* Launch parties for Maverick were held around the country

* 2 Episodes of UUPC

* http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/2010/10/13/s03e18-laughing-gas/

* http://podcast.ubuntu-uk.org/2010/1027/s03e19-if-we-only-knew/

==== United States Teams ====

===== Ubuntu California =====

Team meetings:

* Sunday, October 3rd (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/10October03)

* Sunday, October 17th (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Meetings/10October17)

Team changes:

* Oct 4: Team Leadership Election Announcement (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2010-October/001320.html)

* Oct 6: In accordance with proper naming policy, moved channel from #ubuntu-california to #ubuntu-us-ca and had appropriate redirects put in place

* Discussed (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2010-October/001338.html) and approved Leadership (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Leadership) document

* Oct 25: In accordance with request from the California Team Leader Announcement (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoCouncil), log bot was brought in to channel, logs can now be found at (http://logs.ubuntu-eu.org/freenode)

* Oct 27: (https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ca/2010-October/001402.html) announces the following members as the new trio of leaders:

* Jack Deslippe (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jdeslip) (jdeslip)

* Elizabeth Krumbach (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/lyz) (pleia2)

* David Wonderly (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DarkwingDuck) (DarkwingDuck)

Release parties:

* Wiki page for all release events: BerkeleyLUG Maverick Release Party (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/MaverickRelease)

* Oct 10: (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/444/detail/)

* Oct 10: Linux Machine Show (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/443/detail/)

* Oct 11: Hollywood 10.10.10 Release Party (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/441/detail/)

Ubuntu Hours:

* Oct 7: Lake Forest (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/358/detail/)

* Oct 21: Lake Forest (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/359/detail/)

* Oct 21: Mountain View (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/474/detail/)

* Oct 30: San Diego (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/524/detail/)

Other events:

* Oct 9: Silicon Valley CodeCamp: Beginning Ubuntu GNU/Linux Development

* Wiki: 10.10 release party (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/CodeCamp2010)

* LP Directory: (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/424/detail/)

* Oct 24: East Bay Maker Faire

* Wiki: (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/EastBayMakeFaire)

* LP Directory: (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/486/detail/)

* Oct 28: Lighting the Maverick LAMP with Ubuntu 10.10

* Wiki: (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CaliforniaTeam/Projects/LightingTheMaverickLAMP)

* LP Directory: (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/500/detail/)

===== Ubuntu Chicago LoCo Team =====

* Held our regular monthly meeting on 2010-10-04

* Finalized plans for our (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/547/detail/) on 2010-11-21 at Pumping Station One (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/venues/6/detail/)

===== Florida LoCo Team =====

* Team IRC meeting held on October 5th (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Minutes/20101005).

* Team IRC meeting held on October 19th (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Minutes/20101019).

* Ubuntu 10.10 Release Party – Tampa (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/467/detail/)

* Ubuntu 10.10 Release Party – Melbourne/Viera (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/436/detail/)

* Ubuntu 10.10 Release Party – Miami Lakes (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/458/detail/)

* Ubuntu 10.10 Release Party – Tallahassee/FSU (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/440/detail/)

* UDS-N Host Party – Orlando held on October 25th (http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/team/242/detail/)

===== New York State Team =====

.:Events:.

* 2010 10 23 12pm – 4pm cws, deejoe and cprofitt will co-sponsor a Linux Workshop with Interlock Rochester

* 2010 10 25 through 30 – cprofitt attended UDS

.:Meetings:.

.:Other:.

===== Virginia Team =====

* Regular Monthly IRC Meeting (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VirginiaTeam/MeetingMinutes) was held at 8pm Eastern on October 5, 2010.

* Ubuntu Open Week Activity Oct 15, 2010

* Co-lead Session Have you tried turning it off and then on again? (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekMaverick/HaveYouTriedTurningItOffAndThenOnAgain?) (Jessica Ledbetter (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/jledbetter))

* Remote participation in Ubuntu Developer Summit

* Ubuntu Hour

* Fridays at Noon Jim Tarvid (http://ls.net/content/ubuntu-hour) ((https://launchpad.net/~tarvid))

=== Additional Ubuntu Teams ===

==== Ubuntu Accessibility Team ====

* Work continues on the Persona project

* Accessibility of Unity and the Ubuntu desktop is a key theme at UDS

* The importance of bugs affecting accessibility (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Importance?action=diff&rev2=25&rev1=24) has been formally defined

* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accessibility got a new header this month. Many thanks to cprofitt (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/cprofitt ) of the Ubuntu Beginners Team.

* https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility/doc/StartGuide was updated for Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10.

==== Ubuntu Classroom Team ====

* Classes held:

* 2 Oct: Introduction to Python: Part 3 (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/02/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t18:01) by Pedro Mendes de Araújo for Beginners Team Dev Academy (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy)

* 6 Oct: Understanding fields in /proc/meminfo (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/06/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t15:00) by the_hydra

* 9 Oct: Introduction to Python: Part 4 (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/09/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t20:00) by Pedro Mendes de Araújo for Beginners Team Dev Academy (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy)

* 11 Oct – 15 Oct: Ubuntu Open Week (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MeetingLogs/openweekMaverick)

* 14 Oct: Tips and Tricks for New Developers (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/15/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t02:01) by nhandler for Packaging Training (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Packaging/Training)

* 16 Oct: Introduction to Python: Part 5 (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/16/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t20:00) by Pedro Mendes de Araújo for Beginners Team Dev Academy (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BeginnersTeam/FocusGroups/Development/Academy)

* 22 Oct: Intro to Ubuntu (http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2010/10/22/%23ubuntu-classroom.html#t20:33) by MichaelH

==== Ubuntu Women Team ====

* Held 2 Ubuntu Women Sessions during UDS

* Thursday, October 28th: Ubuntu Women Mentoring Partnerships (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-mentor-partnerships)

* Friday, October 29th: Ubuntu Women UDS-N Goals (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu-women.org/+spec/ubuntutheproject-community-n-ubuntu-women-project-goals)

* Of the 623 Ubuntu Members at the end of this month 4.98% are women

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

*
*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

  • Subscribe!

  • Pages

  • Archives