Welcome to the Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter. This is Issue #206 for the week August 8th – August 14th, 2010 and is available here.
In this issue we cover:
- Ubuntu Global Jam: We Need Your Events!
- Feature Freeze in place for Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick Meerkat)
- Making Ubuntu More Accessible
- Talking about Ubuntu Studio with Scott Lavender, Project Lead for Ubuntu Studio
- Another Heated Discussion In the Ubuntu Community
- Ubuntu Stats
- LoCo News
- Launchpad News
- This week In Design – 13 August 2010
- Finding The Ubuntu Font Design
- How are your users feeling? Example from Rhythmbox
- An Update to the Ubuntu Light Themes
- Awesome Work Others Have Done
- Hugs For Bugs!
- Can We Count Users Without Uniquely Identifying Them?
- Revving up the Ubuntu Manual Project for Maverick
- Behind MOTU Relaunches As Behind The Circle
- In The Press
- In The Blogosphere
- Linux Foundation Makes Enterprise Open Source Boring
- KDE’s New Releases Make a Splash
- LinuxCon Grapples With Challenges, From Mobile To Multicore
- Fotoxx — the Greatest Little Linux Photo Editor You’ve Never Heard Of
- Zenoss Releases 2010 Open Source Systems Management Survey Report
- Weekly Ubuntu Development Team Meetings
- Upcoming Meetings and Events
- Updates and Security
- UWN Sneak Peek
- And Much Much More!
- Amber Graner
- J Scott Gwin
- Liraz Siri
- Penelope Stowe
- Nigel Babu
- And many others
This issue of The Ubuntu Weekly Newsletter is brought to you by:
Except where otherwise noted, content in this issue is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License BY SA Creative Commons License