On 2010-05-05 the following members of the Regional Membership Boards
- Americas: Cody A.W. Somerville, Elizabeth Krumbach, Mike Basinger, Pedro Villavivencio, Richard Johnson
- Asia/Oceania: Andi Darmawan, Emmet Hikory, Luke Yelavich, Melissa Draper, Robert Collins, Zak B. Elep, ??????? (amachu)
- EMEA: Alan Pope, Dennis Kaarsemaker, Mark Van den Borre, Matthew Helmke, Stéphane Graber, Szilvester Farkas
We are looking for nominations for the boards. You can either nominate yourself or somebody else. Please add some information about yourself to the mail. (Expiring members can be re-nominated too.)
We have the following requirements for nominees:
- be an Ubuntu member
- be confident that you can judge contributions to various parts of our community
- be available during typical meeting times of the board in question
- insight into the culture(s) and typical activities within a geographic region covered by the board is a plus
Here a slightly longer version that explains a bit better what kind of community members we are looking for: Those sitting on membership boards are people who are insightful. They are current Ubuntu Members with a proven track record of activity in the community. They have shown themselves over time to be able to work well with others and display the positive aspects of the Ubuntu Code of Conduct. They should be people who can discern character and judge contribution quality without emotion while engaging in an interview/discussion that communicates interest, a welcoming atmosphere, and which is marked by humanity, gentleness, and kindness. Even when they must deny applications, they should do so in such a way that applicants walk away with a sense of hopefulness and a desire to return with a more complete application rather than feeling discouraged or hurt.
To nominate yourself or somebody else, please send a mail to the board you are nominating yourself for (ubuntu-membership-board-emea, ubuntu-membership-board-asia-oceania or ubuntu-membership-board-americas at lists.ubuntu.com). Try to explain your nomination. There is still time for nominations until Fri 23rd April 2010 12 UTC. All nominations will be forwarded to the Community Council who will make the final decision.
Thanks in advance to you and thanks a lot also to the dedication everybody put into their jobs as board members.
Originally sent to the ubuntu-news-team mailing list by Daniel Holbach on Thu Apr 8 16:28:03 BST 2010